The ever-expanding population of Gurgaon has made the real estate sector a thriving market. If you are new to the city and in need of a shelter, do not worry. You will have plenty of options. But, whether you want to purchase or simply take on rent, you need to be cautious about certain aspects of property transfer. The following are few tips that would tell you how to find apartments for rent.
Tips on How to Find Apartments for Rent
- Create a renter’s resume where you would be jotting down all your details, including your permanent house address, your employer, length of employment, your current salary, personal references and even the contact details of your previous landlords.
- To begin with your search, you may look out for apartments for rent in news paper classifieds, publications that are specifically for the apartment hunters and internet portals.
- Estimate the amount that you would be paying as rent. You are advised to devote not more that 30% of your take away home income per month.
- To make your search more effective, you can always go for the real estate agent. They are well aware of the market trends and as a result of which they would be able to provide you with best possible deal for the apartments for rent.
- Before taking up preferred apartments for rent, make sure to run a check. In case of any damaged property, do not hesitate to inform your land lord to get it mended. It would also be beneficial for you to avoid any blame later while you relocate to some other place.
- While making the best rental dealings find out the facilities offered to you. Amenities like an enclosed garage for parking, pool, tennis court, gym facilities and such.
- Ask your landlord to define the cosmetic charges that your landlord would be bearing like painting walls or structural changes like the adding shelves.
If you are looking out for an economic rental deal, you can go for sharing. But be well aware of the habits and the character of the room mate as you have to live with the person. You might face trouble in case the person turns out to be a smoker or a noise maker.
Get all terms of agreement in writing. Also, fix up a definite time period within which your landlord has to return your security deposit once you move away as many landlords tend to drag their feet to make the payment.